You need to purchase third party liability insurance for your car from an insurance company in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong SAR.
Third party liability insurance
Covers the driver against the legal liability for the loss of third party property and death or injury of third party as a result of an accident.
- Third party bodily injury / death
- Third party property damage
- Third party liabilities
- Loss of or damage to own’s vehicle
Some of the insurance companies will also provide
No Claim Discount Protector
Proposer can maintain the existing No Claim Discount (NCD) at renewal if the claim amount does not exceed as stated in by the insurance company and no third party bodily injury is involved in the claim.
Windscreen Damage – Excess Waiver
No excess will apply if the claim does not exceed the amount as stated by the insurance company. The No Claim Discount will also be conserved.
‘New for Old’ Replacement Vehicle
If the car is less than 1 year old (from the date of its first registration) and sustains a total loss, the insurance company will pay in cash or give a new one of the same model and make without deducting any depreciation*.
* The first registration of the car must be made within 12 months from the date of its manufacture.
Vehicle Assistance Services
- 24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance
- 24-Hour Free Towing Service
- Alternate Car
- 24-Hour Claims Advisory Service
- 24-Hour General Advisory Service